If you spend a Vacation by the Sea in Tuscany at Rosa dei Venti, you will have the opportunity to enjoy easy tours in the area, thanks to the central location of the resort, in the heart of the Etruscan Coast, at Mazzanta of Vada, between Castiglioncello and Cecina. The area offers beaches and pine forests by the coast and a rich land of arts, culture, characteristic towns and wine itineraries.
– Siena (90 km), medieval city where the famous Palio horse race takes place in July and August
– Lucca (70 km) with the characteristic walls, monuments and churches
– Pisa (50 km) that hosts Piazza dei Miracoli and the trilogy Duomo-Baptistery-Leaning Tower
MEDIEVAL TOWNS AND ISLANDS
– Volterra (40 km) Etruscan city, famous for alabaster, the Roman theatre and the Medieval festivals
– San Gimignano (60 km) old Medieval town well known for its towers
– Massa Marittima (70 km) historic city, known for its schedule of summer events
– Suvereto (40 km) and Casale Marittimo (15 km), two of the most spectacular and well preserved Medieval towns in Italy, according to the well respected guide Touring Club Bandiere Arancioni
– Montecatini val di Cecina (35 km), with its old mine
– Castagneto Carducci (30 km), town on the hills surrounded by vineyards and olive groves
– Bolgheri (25 km) with its 6 km long cypress boulevard captured in the Nobel prize Giosuè Carducci’s poem, “In Front of San Guido”; the characteristic stores and exclusive restaurants, and the world famous Wine Road and the well-known Sassicaia
– Castiglioncello (8 km), overlooking the sea, popular among celebrities and vibrant especially at night. A seafront boardwalk connects Castiglioncello to Cala de’ Medici, one of the most beautiful harbors in Tuscany with luxury boats, exclusive stores and summer events
– San Vincenzo (35 km): town on the beach well-known for shopping and the characteristic marina
– Elba Island and the other islands of Tuscany (Capraia, Gorgona, Pianosa and Giglio) can be visited in a daily trip taking a ferry from Piombino, Livorno, San Vincenzo.
PARKS AND SPORT
The parks of the Etruscan Coast include the mine park of Campiglia (40 km), and national and archaeological parks such as the Etruscan necropolis of Baratti e Populonia (60 km), the only Etruscan city by the sea. Lovers of walking and running can visit Tomboli: pine forests and biogenetic reserves on the seaside. There are many beaches where it is possible to practice water sports: sailing, windsurfing, surfing, and diving. Pets are allowed in the pine forests and in some beaches, called “Bau beach”.
The Macchie della Magona park, close to Bibbona (18 km), is the ideal place if you are passionate about trekking and mountain biking. The road bikers can train on bike paths designed by Paolo Bettini, former world and Olympic champion who lives in Riparbella.
In the vicinity of the Tuscany Residence by the Sea, Rosa dei Venti, there are golf courses (Tirrenia, San Miniato, Gavorrano, Follonica and Punta Ala). There are also stables in the area that lovers of horseback riding can visit and ride in the surrounding forests.
In addition, there are amusement parks for children: Cavallino Matto in Marina di Donoratico (16 km), the Prehistoric Park in Peccioli (40 km), the Pinocchio Park in Collodi (80 km), the Acqua Village in Cecina Mare (4 km), the Parco Gallorose in Cecina (8 km) that hosts a unique variety of domestic and exotic animals and is open from sunrise to sunset. Those who love nature and adrenaline rushes can try the Hanging Garden Adventure Park, located in the area called il Giardino (Riparbella, 10 km) to spend a day in the forest enjoying acrobatic paths on the trees.
You should check out the beaches of Cecina Mare, Marina di Bibbona, Marina di Castagneto, San Vincenzo, Baratti. Next to the beach there are usually vast areas of pine forest, ideal for relaxing and for the free time, or to walk your pets. Near the Tuscany Residence by the Sea, Rosa dei Venti, there are also many “Bau beach” where pets are allowed.
-The Mall of Leccio Reggello
both near Florence, about 2 hours away by car.
COUSINE AND WINE
Reserve an Apartment in Tuscany by the Sea at Rosa dei Venti, we are waiting for you!